Join us online for ACAH2020!
May 24-27, 2020
Held in partnership with the IAFOR Research Centre at the Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP) at Osaka University, this international conference encourages academics and scholars to meet and exchange ideas and views in a forum stimulating respectful dialogue. This event will afford an exceptional opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, networking, and facilitating partnerships across national and disciplinary borders.
Since its founding in 2009, IAFOR has brought people and ideas together in a variety of events and platforms to promote and celebrate interdisciplinary study, and underline its importance. Over the past year we have engaged in many cross-sectoral projects, including those with universities (the University of Barcelona, Hofstra University, UCL, University of Belgrade and Moscow State University), a think tank (the East-West Center), as well as collaborative projects with the United Nations in New York, and here, with the Government of Japan through the Prime Minister’s office.
With the IAFOR Research Centre, we have engaged in a number of interdisciplinary initiatives we believe will have an important impact on domestic and international public policy conversations. It is through conferences like these that we expand our network and partners, and we have no doubt that ACAH2020 will offer a remarkable opportunity for the sharing of research and best practice, and for the meeting of people and ideas.
The 11th Asian Conference on Arts & Humanities (ACAH2020) is a multidisciplinary conference held concurrently with The 11th Asian Conference on the Social Sciences (ACSS2020). Speakers will provide a variety of perspectives from different academic and professional backgrounds. Registration for either conference will allow participants to attend sessions in both.
We look forward to seeing you online.
– The ACAH2020 Organising Committee
Grant Black Black Inc. Consulting, Japan
Clementina Cardoso CIHRC Research and Development
Joseph Haldane The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), Japan
Donald E. Hall University of Rochester, USA
Hiroshi Ishida University of Tokyo, Japan
Fan Li LePing Social Entrepreneur Foundation & Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR), China
James W. McNally University of Michigan, USA & NACDA Program on Aging
Sela V. Panapasa University of Michigan, USA
Haruko Satoh Osaka University, Japan
The Organising Committee of The 11th Asian Conference on Arts & Humanities (ACAH) is composed of distinguished academics who are experts in their fields. Organising Committee members may also be members of IAFOR's International Academic Advisory Board. The Organising Committee is responsible for nominating and vetting Keynote and Featured Speakers; developing the conference programme, including special workshops, panels, targeted sessions, and so forth; event outreach and promotion; recommending and attracting future Organising Committee members; working with IAFOR to select PhD students and early career academics for IAFOR-funded grants and scholarships; and overseeing the reviewing of abstracts submitted to the conference.
2020 Review Committee
- Dr Mohd Syuhaidi Abu Bakar, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia
- Dr Zahra Al-Zadjali, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Dr Lorna Dimatatac, Technological Institute of the Philippines, Philippines
- Professor Ching-Jung Fang, Ming Chuan University, Taiwan
- Professor Yi-Ting Kuo, Jen-Teh Junior College of Medicine, Nursing and Management, Taiwan
- Dr Priscilla Peichin Lin, Fongshan Elementary School, Taiwan
- Dr Reena Mittal, MJPRU, Bareilly, India
- Dr Farida Panhwar, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Pakistan
- Dr Sarbjit Singh Pawar, Institute of Engineering and Technology, India
- Dr Yi-Chin Shih, Tamkang University, Taiwan
- Dr Mario Slugan, Ghent University, Belgium
- Professor Joseph Sorensen, University of California at Davis, United States
- Dr Suranti Trisnawati, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Professor Anne-Kathrin Wielgosz, Walsh University, United States
- Dr Mathew Wong, Education University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Dr Min-Chia Young, Shu-Te University, Taiwan
- Dr Shu-Yin Yu, Ming-Chuan University, Taiwan
IAFOR Research Centre (IRC) – “Innovation and Value Initiative”
The IAFOR Research Centre (IRC) is housed within Osaka University’s School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), and in June 2018 the IRC began an ambitious new “Innovation and Value Initiative”. Officially launched at the United Nations in a special UN-IAFOR Collaborative Session, the initiative seeks to bring together the best in interdisciplinary research around the concept of value, on how value can be recognised, and measured, and how this can help us address issues and solve problems, from the local to the global.